Featured Not resolved

This is the worst hoarding shelter in the state.I live down the road from this evil place and have watched Gloria Thomas for years take in animals, never get them medical service, and rarely adopting out.

She makes a huge salary and does nothing. She's never there. The animals are in horrible condition. Why won't someone shut her down and haul her off to jail where she belongs?

I tried to adopt a dog from there but she wouldn't allow it. These animals sit and wait to die. Just look at the photo I took of this precious dog I tried to adopt and Gloria refused.

It's easy to keep a place full or half full and claim she cannot adopt out because someone isn't good enough.It is much easier to hoard than to adopt out.

Had an Experience with West Volusia Humane Society?

Comments

Dazma
Deltona, Florida, United States #718683

Well, my husband and I applied to adopt a cat on 9/9, we had to call them to check on status on 9/13 and were told our application was not complete.We gave them the info they requested, and called Saturday, and twice on Monday, and still no response.

I finally posted a comment on their facebook page last night as a last attempt to reach them.

If still no response, we'll leave a message (since they never answer, even when called during their 2 hours a day open to public) telling them we are withdrawing our application, and will go elsewhere.I just hope the cat we picked out does get adopted out, or at least they are taking good care of her--she's 6 and has been there for a year.

Dazma
to Dazma Deltona, Florida, United States #721489

Update: they did call back, and we picked up our new family member this past Saturday--she is an absolute joy!

TheRealKarenKClark
Deland, Florida, United States #630492

First of all, any posts degrading the West Volusia Humane Society, Deland Police and certain City of Deland, Fl employees,Deland Animal Hospital are NOT BEING POST BY ME.There have been many posts by several people under ASSUMED names with letters and numbers THAT INCLUDE MY NAME.

They do not have the guts to POST THEIR REAL NAMES & meet face to face. They are cowards that are what appears to be blinded by some loyalty/ attachment to a "Animal RESCUE" Charity in Deland that had MULTIPLE NEGLECT/ abuse CHARGES LEVIED AGAINST THEM AS WELL AS FIRE CODE VIOLATIONS. IT DID MAKE TV NEWS last fall. OVER 130+ ANIMALS IN DEPLORABLE CONDITION.

THEY HAD OVER 3 MONTHS TO CLEAN UP AND COME TO CODE. I still remember the comments on TV as stated by multiple station reporters, "You can smell it from here". They were on the street and sidewalk.That's neglect.

Go after them.I really believe they do not "SAVE".

bigsam

If the animals are being neglected, then get off your *** and report this place to the local humane society or other authorities. DO IT NOW or is there more to this story